New York City has hundreds of Thai restaurants. I'm going to try them all--using sheer will power and an addiction to curry. Follow my quest here!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Review #1: East Village Thai

This is a cop-out, but I think it will help me get started...

Last week, I was feeling very tired after a long day at work, and bummed out because I had just lost my phone in a cab (FAIL). So on the way to the subway to go allllll the way home to Brooklyn, I stopped into a tiny hole in the wall Thai place that I had never seen before called "East Village Thai" for some takeout. Even though it's not Zagat rated (Paris Gellar would certainly be disappointed), Yelp users give it 4 out of 5 stars, which surprises me a lot in retrospect because what I got didn't even taste like Thai food. I was in a comfort-food kind of mood, which for me means Pad See Ew, and there were absolutely no Thai flavors present; actually, it tasted very Chinese-food-y to me. Which isn't a bad thing, except for when you really want Thai food. So basically I got this reasonably priced takeout (which was pretty much the only option bc the place is itty-bitty and sort of dark) and waited 40 mins on the subway and then finally got home to eat it and it was more like mediocre Chinese food. BUMMED OUT!

East Village Thai rating: 5
Price: Reasonable
Service: Fast (takeout)
Food: Not actually Thai
Portions: Irrelevant
Ambiance: N/A


No comments:

Post a Comment