New York City has hundreds of Thai restaurants. I'm going to try them all--using sheer will power and an addiction to curry. Follow my quest here!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Review #7: Cafetasia

It's been months since I went to Cafetasia but I just wanted to post something about it mostly so I remember not to go there again. I work about two blocks from this place (85 Avenue A--map below) and one night in particular I wanted to grab some Real NYC Thai Food Takeout for visiting guests of honor Christopher Dawson and Allison Dreon. There are other Thai places right on that stretch but I was in a hurry (noticing a theme here?) so I stopped into the first place I saw. Mistake.

It was expensive. It took forever. The place looked like a wannabe posh downtown club that was sad and uncool. The tofu was huge slimy chunks of bland. They swam in a murky white sauce of bland. It was a little embarrassing to try to show off my food adventures to VA friends and come up with this. So yeah, lame. I give them a 2 because at least it was sustenance and slightly warm and there was a LOT of tofu.

Cafetasia rating: 2
Price: High
Service: Average to slow
Food: Almost yucky
Portions: Average
Ambiance: Average


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment